Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Millage Supporters

This week's Journalistic Error includes a list of names of those who support raising our taxes in order to give more money to Chief Jim Kingston to lose on his desk. This list, due to its incredible size, unfortunately was incomplete. But fear not, dear Broken Springers, NFBS has obtained the rest of this list. Printed below are the names cut from Wednesday's paper with optional quotes they supplied.

Bugs Bunny
Porky Pig ("If the millage fails, that's all folks")
Elmer Fudd
Bert and Ernie
Barney the Dinosaur ("I love you, you love me, vote yes please for your family.")
Captain Kangaroo
Fred Rogers
Daffy Duck ("Defeating the millage would be despicable")
Yosemite Sam
Lassie
Lassie
Lassie
Lassie (there were four of them, ya know)
Felix Unger
Oscar Madison
Archie Bunker
George Jefferson
Fred Sandford (and Son) ("If the millage fails, I'm coming to join you, Elizabeth!")
Elizabeth
Brett Favre
Walter Payton
Dale Earnhartd Sr.
Jeff Gordon
Richard Nixon ("I am not a Sidewalk Supervisor")
Paul Bunyon
Johnny Appleseed
Garth Brooks ("I've got friends in low places, like down at the BS police station.")
Margaret Mitchell
Scarlett O'Hara
Cary Grant ("Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn but I'll vote for it anyway.")
Don Johnson
Julia Roberts
Tom Cruise ("Millage opposers are all pseudo scientists.")
Katie Holmes
Sodom and Gommorah
Sherlock Holmes ("Elementary, my dear Broken Springers.")
Dan Brown
Stephen King
Edgar Allen Poe ("Once upon a midnight dreary, our current budget is weak and weary.")
Ernest Hemingway
Mark Twain aka Samuel Clemens
Shakespeare ("I will support the millage Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow...")
Queen Liz II
Prince William
Prince Harry
Princess Diana
Bill Clinton ("I did not have sexual relations with that millage.")
Davey Jones
The Brady Bunch
Diana Ross ("RESPECT, tell you what it means to me... more money for our cops, that's what it means.")
Tina Turner
Kevin Bacon
Jack Nicholson ("You can't handle a defeated millage")
Calvin and Hobbes
Freidrich Nietzsche
Soren Kierkegaard
Decartes ("I think therefore I support the millage.")
Liberace
Merle Haggard
Tweety Bird ("B-dee b-dee, b-dee, I taught I saw a Buttinsky.")
Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Geico Gecko
Taco Bell dog ("You quiero polico millage.")
Snoopy
Woodstock
Billy Ray Cyrus ("Won't you tell my heart, my achy breaky heart that the millage passes.")
Charlie Brown
Rodney King ("Can't we all just get along and pass this millage?")

No comments: